Insurance Is More Than A Warm Body Dishing Out Quotes!

California Auto Insurance

The average American is spending 101 minutes per day driving

That’s almost 12 hours a week in your car! Madness. Can you imagine a Southern Californians’ driving stats.

If you fall into the average driver category, you have to admit you’re exposed to hazardous risks while on the road. Even the most cautious defense driver can’t avoid the unexpected.

With that said… Let me ask you this.

Knowing your exposure to risks on the road, why would someone request the minimum auto liability coverages? Is it solely based on price?
It’s understandable to want the lowest premiums, but at what cost?

Bodily Injury Coverage

If you have a decent home, stocks, and other assets, I would suggest, at the minimum, Bodily Injury Liability limits of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident.


Do you have more than $300,000 in assets? You should buy higher limits or an umbrella policy. We can get into specifics when we dive into the insurance review.

Property Damage Liability Coverage

Remember, you can think of insurance as a forced upon necessity or as a life preserver. If you cause damage to another car during a collision, property damage liability will help pay for the damages.


You could accidentally total a 1992 Honda Civic or a 2014 Porsche Cayenne. According to the Daily News, the average sales price of a car in 2014 is $31,252. In this scenario, would your current coverage leave you footing the difference? Something to consider.

Collision Coverage

Collision coverage on your auto policy pays to repair or replace your car if it’s totaled. If you’re at fault, collision coverage is your first line of defense. Don’t be fooled into thinking you will never be involved in an accident or accidentally crash your vehicle. According to the annual Allstate best drivers report, driving in Los Angeles makes you 49.3% more likely than the national average to be in a collision.

In the report, they noted average years between collisions in Los Angeles is 6.7 years!


Is the benefit worth the premium? If your car is 5+ years old, we will evaluate in the insurance review if you need collision coverage. Heads up: Here is a link to Kelly Blue book. Be honest in the evaluation of your car and look at the vehicles current fair market value. Think to yourself “Would I be able to recover the fair market value if I didn’t have coverage?”

Comprehensive Coverage

Think of Comprehensive coverage as coverage that protects your vehicle from “everything else”. It covers damages from fire, theft, vandalism, hail, floods, earthquakes or contact with animals.


If you lease or finance your car, you may be required to carry Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
Remember, associate comprehensive coverage with the deductible. Your car typically is covered.

** If you’re a parent of a teen driver… watch this video on comprehensive and collision coverage:

Medical Payments

Coverage intended to pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers as a result of a car accident. Farmers insurance guidelines for medical payments: typically provides payment for reasonable and necessary medical treatment for you, covered family members, and passengers who are injured in an accident in your insured vehicle.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist

Economic downturn means less uninsured/underinsured drivers on the road. According to the Insurance Research Council, California Department of Insurance, California is one of the States with the highest percentage of Uninsured Motorists. The number is an alarming 25%. Of that percentage, the income of those uninsured drivers is less than $20,000 with no assets. 14% of car accidents are caused by an uninsured motorist. These numbers should set off alarm bells.


Remember, California only requires drivers to purchase $15,000 of liability insurance. Often, this amount doesn’t come close to compensate the person that has sustained a loss. Be proactive!

"Matthew... I'm Ready To Speak With An Insurance Advisor!"

"I have three homes with umbrella coverage with Farmers and for once I feel confident I'm in good hands with Matt as my insurance agent. "

~Gracie U.


Contact Me

Matthew Dropulic
License #0125948

Matthew Dropulic Agency
1281 E La Habra Blvd STE 1
La Habra, CA 90631


Mon-Friday: 9:00AM- 6:00PM
Sat: 10AM-2:00pm
*by appointment only

California Department of Insurance